Are you cleansing correctly?
Back to Basics – Cleansing
1) Make your cleansing products last longer
2) Accomplish a deeper cleanse
3) Achieve softer skin without the use of harsh exfoliants
Correct cleansing is using gentle and effective products that respect your skin’s natural pH and hydrolipid layer, leaving your skin comfortable and balanced as well as supporting our no night cream stance, as opposed to overly alkaline cleansers, lathering cleansers and harsh exfoliants which all disrupt the skin.
Why does Dr. Hauschka promote a different cleanser for morning and evening?
Because your skin has differing cleansing needs at each end of the day. Deep cleanse with Cleansing Cream in the morning after the night time elimination activity of the skin and to prepare your skin for Toner and Day Care. Cleansing Milk is used in the evening to remove make-up, eye make-up and the dirt and dust that your skin picks up during the day.
What’s the purpose of Compressing and Hydrating?
1) Prepares your skin for cleansing, softening the pores
2) Enables much more economical use of your cleansers
3) Impurities are more easily removed
4) Leaves your skin feeling rejuvenated, soft and more deeply cleansed
For all skin conditions
Cleansing Cream gently exfoliates, fortifies and refreshes, while retaining the skin’s natural hydrolipid barrier. This formulation uses the highest quality medicinal plant extracts of calendula, chamomile and anthyllis, creamy sweet almond meal, to cleanse, balance and revitalise skin to minimise the appearance of pores.
For all skin conditions
Cleansing Milk removes make-up and eye make-up. Special fermented grain extract nourishes and protects leaving the skin feeling pampered, comfortable and velvety smooth.
Immerse yourself in an aromatic journey during compressing and hydrating your skin prior to cleansing.
Rose Nurturing Bath Essence* harmonises and nourishes
Moor Lavender Calming Bath Essence* soothes and protects
Almond Soothing Bath Essence calms and balances
Lemon Lemongrass Vitalising Bath Essence firms and refreshes
Sage Purifying Bath Essence refreshing and cleansing
Dr. Hauschka Morning Ritual
1) Compress and hydrate the skin
Place a capful of Bath Essence in a basin of hand hot water, place compress, squeeze excess water and hold to your skin and repeat.
Note: Compress is large to help retain heat, fold.
2) Cleansing Cream
Squeeze 1-2cm of product into the palms of your hands, moisten with water and mix to an emulsion, not a paste, and apply with ‘press and roll’ technique and thoroughly rinse.
3) Cool Compress
Or splash your skin with cool water, this simple technique contracts a tiny muscle beside the hair follicle helping to remove any remaining dirt, helping to make your skin feel softer.
Evening Ritual is the same, but replace Cleansing Cream with Cleansing Milk.
Eye Care + lip lines tip
Eye care should be a part of your day time skin care ritual. Never night time, as it’s just as likely to cause puffy eyes in the morning.
These are all concentrated products so only use a small amount, around a rice size, and warm between your two ring fingers and lightly apply with dabbing motion all around the eye contour. As with your day cream, leave time for thorough absorption prior to make-up application.
Daily Revitalising Eye Cream is light and rapidly absorbs and is perfectly suitable if you’re wearing eye make-up. Pineapple, Marsh Mellow and Calendula have a revitalising, calming effect, smoothing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Regenerating Eye Cream visibly minimises fine lines and wrinkles with antioxidant rich Red Clover, Acerola Berries and Sea Buckthorn, Birch Leaf, Quince Seed and precious Borage Seed Oil rich in gamma-linolenic acid.
Tip: Use the residue on your finger tips from Regenerating Eye Cream application to also apply around your lips giving another area prone to wrinkles a boost. Lip Balm is another product to visibly reduce fine lines around the mouth.
Eye Contour Day Balm is our ultra protective eye product that leaves skin soft as silk. It must be thoroughly warmed between your two ring fingers prior to application to melt the waxes.
1) After your morning cleanse with Cleansing Cream and your shower and while your skin is still warm close eyes and mist Toner, then warm your Moisturiser between the palms of both hands and apply to your face which should still be moist from Toner, to ensure even and economical application of your day care and to assist with absorption.
2) Now give your Moisturiser time to fully absorb into your skin. Go and have a cuppa, breakfast, get dressed etc.
3) Foundation will not apply evenly if your Moisturiser has not fully absorbed, nor will you get good coverage.
4) Apply Translucent Powder Loose or Illuminating Powder to set your foundation.