Welcome to your 30 Day Radiant Skin Challenge!
We would love your skin to be completely free from man made synthetic chemicals over the next 30 days, using only our natural and organic skin care.
What you will need: Dr. Hauschka products for Cleansing, Toning and Moisturising for your daily rituals.
We also recommend:
- The intensive support products, Clarifying Steam Bath, Clarifying Clay Mask and the Cream Mask most suited for your skin.
- Renewing Night Conditioner ampoules for 30 nights (28-30 days is a skin cell cycle) instead of Toner and especially in the most transitional seasons of autumn and spring and if you are in transition off the conventional idea of night cream use. If you have sensitive skin then use Sensitive Care Conditioner.
Day 1 to 30
Morning and Evening Rituals
1) Drink warm water and lemon juice first thing upon waking in the morning and do this every morning.
If it’s going to be easier then juice a pile of lemons, put the juice in ice blocks and freeze. Take one block out each night and place in a cup, so you’re ready for the morning. We need to make this habit nice and easy. Aids the body in flushing out toxins, jump starts the digestive tract, aids the liver in its cleansing processes and increases detoxification.
2) ‘Compress and Hydrate’ skin to soften the pores for a much deeper cleanse and to use your cleansing products more economically. Use a little Bath Essence in your basin water.
3) Cleansing Cream – moisten with water, apply in our ‘press & roll’ technique.
Scrub the bathroom, but never ever scrub your skin, way too harsh, and your skin has to last you a lifetime.
4) Toner – Close eyes and mist directly onto your skin. Our Toners are active botanical treatment products, not conventional Toners that are used on cotton pads to remove any remaining cleanser.
5) Day Care – should always be warmed between the palms of the hands to melt the plant oils and waxes and applied to skin still moist from Toner. This ensures even and economical application.
Clarifying Day Oil – for oily/blemished skin, may also be used as an oil serum for it’s antioxidants
Melissa Day Cream – for sensitive combination skin, oily t-zone, normal/dry cheeks
Rose Day Cream Light – for normal or sensitive skin, usually recommended for a younger skin, up to around 35
Quince Day Cream – for normal skin, the cooling and soothing properties of quince
Rose Day Cream – for normal, dry, sensitive, mature skin
Toned Day Cream – tinted moisturiser for normal, dry, sensitive or mature skin
Revitalising Day Cream – for normal, dry, mature/pallid skin
Regenerating Serum & Regenerating Day Cream – specific support for firming a maturing skin
Make-up: Dr. Hauschka do a full range of make-up, natural and organic products that offer both colour and care.
1) ‘Compress and Hydrate’ skin to soften the pores in readiness for cleansing. Use a small amount of Rose Nurturing Bath Essence in the water. If you feel you need something more relaxing in readiness for bedtime, you may prefer to use Moor Lavender Calming Bath Essence and Lemon Lemongrass Vitalising Bath Essence provides a refreshing wake-up for your morning ‘compress and hydrate’.
2) Soothing Cleansing Milk – gentle and effective make-up and eye make-up remover, cleanses the skin from the days dust and dirt in readiness for the night time elimination activity of your skin.
3) Toner or 30 night treatment with a Rhythmic Conditioner ampoule
We don’t recommend the use of night cream, sleeping isn’t ageing and it’s elimination time for your skin, heavy and occlusive night creams impede this natural process. After 30 days you’ll need no more convincing – see our Skin Facts…
This is your weekly routine, so repeat until you reach your 30th evening. By which time your skin will be deep cleansed, nourished, more even toned, soft and radiant and will have gone through a detox from synthetic chemical, petro-chemical ingredients.
Skin will always love you for additional care…
We recommend a once a week home treatment:
2) Clarifying Steam Bath
3) Clarifying Clay Mask
4) followed by a Cream Mask of your choice, use around eye contour too as an eye mask
Instructions for your DIY Home Spa Treatment
1. Compress and hydrate your skin, cleanse with Soothing Cleansing Milk, remove with the warm, moist Dr. Hauschka organic cotton Compress Cloth.
2. Place 1 heaped teaspoon of Clarifying Clay Mask in a small container in readiness.
3. Dilute two teaspoons of Clarifying Steam Bath with 500ml of steaming water in a large bowl and place on a hard surface. Lean over the bowl, covering the head with towel, and steam for 5-10 minutes. Follow with Clarifying Clay Mask.
Note: If you don’t wish to steam, then you may do this step with Clarifying Steam Bath and ‘Compress and Hydrate’ instead.
4. While your skin is still warm and moist mix 2 to 2 1/2 teaspoons of water (I use the Clarifying Steam Bath water) to the Clarifying Clay Mask in the small container. The consistency you want is spreadable, not too thin because it will drip off your face and not too pasty.
5. Apply Clarifying Clay Mask to your face and neck excluding eye contour area ideally with a mask brush, even a pastry brush would do at a push, otherwise your fingers. Apply from the centre of the face outwards. We always work in the direction of lymph flow. Allow to dry, it’s no longer active once dry.
6. To remove, I find using the Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Sponge the easiest, but a non white face flannel will do, moistened with the now lukewarm facial steam water. Remove easily by moistening the dry mask first, then wiping.
7. Now apply your Cream Mask (Revitalising, Hydrating, Firming or Soothing Mask) including the eye contour area, as an eye mask.
8. Leave on for at least 30 minutes to absorb. I leave mine on for most of the evening so it can absorb as long as possible. Remove Cream Mask with a warm moist Compress Cloth before bedtime.
9. Apply the contents of a Renewing Night Conditioner ampoule. If you are new to Renewing Night Conditioner ampoules, flick the top to ensure all liquid is in the bottom of the ampoule, then using a towel break off the glass top. Pour 1/2 the contents into the palm of one hand, spread between the palms of the hands and quickly press into the skin and repeat with the balance of the liquid. Apply nothing further to your skin. It’s bedtime.
Note: We do not recommend any heat or steam for a rosacea skin condition – use tepid water for a Compress & Hydrate instead.
Optimum skin care and a radiant, healthy, balanced skin is about using the highest quality natural and organic face and body products and embracing Dr. Hauschka Daily Skin Rituals!
Eat fresh, nutritious food and drink 6-8 glasses of water daily. Get 8 hours sleep and put measures in place if you’re stressed – a state of relaxation, happiness and laughter is good for your skin. A 30 minute daily walk in the fresh air is good for your body and your soul – in nature if you can.
Thanks for reading our blog. xx