1. Hydration for a plump, uplifted skin, drink water, coconut water, green tea, herbals teas, eat watermelon. Warm water and lemon juice first thing every morning helps to keep skin clear.
2. Schedule a monthly Facial Treatment with a Dr. Hauschka trained Esthetician.
3. Remember Body Care, Hand and Nail Care and Foot Care too, especially if you’re wearing strappy shoes with heels on show. Moisturising is key and once you use Dr. Hauschka Body Moisturisers it’s hard to accept anything of lesser quality. Natural and organic ingredients are just as important for your body. We love Quince Body Moisturiser for its cooling, soothing and deeply hydrating qualities, Lemon Lemongrass Vitalising Body Moisturising for its refreshing and energising aroma and After Sun is another of our summer time favourites. For a mature bride then choose Regenerating Body Cream for its firming and toning as well as deeply nourishing abilities.
If your feet are dry, particularly check your heels, use Hydrating Foot Cream, however if you have feet with a tendency to perspire then use Deodorising Foot Cream. Hand Cream and Neem Nail Oil Pen are a must.
4. Kissable lips with regular use of Lip Care Stick or Lip Balm.
5. Clean your make-up brushes weekly to avoid acne causing bacteria and to ensure true colours. Always clean your brushes in an ecological gentle hand wash or body wash and dry flat not upstanding. As for pimples always have Coverstick on hand for concealing and treating, incredible product!
6. Get your beauty sleep.
7. Regular exercise, 30 minutes daily in the fresh air will do. Movement supports your body’s lymph system.
8. Nutrition, eat fresh, organic wherever possible. Read 15 Top Foods for Healthy Skin
9. It’s really important to reduce stress. If you’re not already then meditate daily, do yoga, tai chi, read a great book, spend time with great friends, whatever it takes, as stress shows on your face.
10. We want your skin looking radiant for your big day. Ideally you need to be taking extra special care of your skin 1 year out, however if you don’t have that amount of time adopt these skin care rituals as soon as possible. A healthy, balanced, vibrant skin comes from using the highest quality natural and organic ingredients, not synthetic chemicals.
1) Dr. Hauschka every morning ritual: Cleanse, Tone or use Intensive Treatment & Moisturise
2) Dr. Hauschka every evening ritual: Cleanse, Tone or use 1 ampoule of Conditioner, or Intensive Treatment
3) Once a week, maybe a Sunday night, Cleanse, Clarifying Steam Bath, Clarifying Clay Mask and follow with Revitalising Mask which benefits all skin conditions
4) Another night of the week Cleanse early in the evening, apply Revitalising Mask and include eye contour area, leave to absorb for as long as possible and remove with a warm, moist cloth prior to bedtime
Tip: We recommend Soothing Intensive Treatment morning and evening instead of Toner one month out from wedding for hypersensitive skin or a skin suffering from any stress condition.
Dr. Hauschka’s International Make-up Artist Karim Sattar’s Radiance Make-up is also a beautiful bridal make-up, check it out here…
10 Wedding Make-up Tips
1. Do your brow, upper lip and any other facial waxing at least 3 days before the wedding
2. Avoid products that use SPF, they tend to give very pale look in photographs
3. Use a matte moisturiser on the day, Melissa Day Cream has a very matte finish and helps to control shine or Rose Day Cream Light
4. For a long lasting make-up go for our International Make-up Artist, Karim Sattar’s technique of:
a) Translucent Make-up 00 as a primer
b) Concealer, inner eye only, not outer eye
c) Translucent Powder Loose, applied with Powder Brush and tapped to remove excess before applying
d) Translucent Make-up in your shade, always apply with a foundation blender brush for that ‘air-brushed’ look
e) Translucent Powder again, applied with Powder Brush and tapped before applying. Think less is more, you don’t want a caked look.
5. Blusher and Bronzer is a must.
6. Take it easy on the shimmer. Highlight on cheek bones and/or brow bone is flattering but too much shimmer doesn’t photograph well
7. Set your lipstick with Karim’s technique:
a) Apply Lipliner over the entire lip area, don’t do outlines
b) Apply Lipstick
c) ‘Kiss’ a tissue to remove excess
d) Apply Translucent Powder Loose with the powder puff
e) Apply Lipstick again
f) Apply a dap of Rose or Cherry Gloss mid bottom lip
8. Consider false lashes rather than mascara for the big day. Individual lashes are more natural looking, but always trial before the wedding day
9. Have a Translucent Powder Compact with you for touch-ups. Oily shine doesn’t photograph well, you need to keep skin matte
10. Keep in mind if you’re wearing white you will need enough colour happening in your make-up to compensate for the whiteness of your dress. Always do a trial run of your make-up wearing white, tee shirt will do, prior to the day.
Wedding Dress Trends 2015 UK here…
Top Wedding Dress Trends for 2015 USA, here…
Thanks for reading our blog. x