The experts at Dr. Hauschka Skin Care understand your skin. We know both what it needs and doesn’t need for a healthy, radiant appearance.
What your skin needs
- Since 1967, we have been crafting natural and organic skin care products and we have identified over one hundred highly potent plants that guide your skin to a balanced state.
- We know exactly which botanicals and combinations of botanicals will best deliver the visible transformation you’re looking to see.
- Every ingredient that goes into a Dr. Hauschka Skin Care product has an important job to do. Whether delivering essential moisture, encouraging resilience or improving efficacy, each ingredient is carefully selected for its particular effects and its interaction with the whole composition.
- We only include the ingredients you need for long-lasting skin health and beauty and we only include fragrance from pure botanical essential oils to stimulate your senses and inspire feelings that uplift, relax or energise.
What Your Skin Doesn’t Need
- Filler ingredients that serve no purpose to your skin
- Harsh abrasives and “quick fixes” that disrupt your skin’s natural processes
- Harsh, overly alkaline or lathering cleansers
- Synthetic chemical ingredients
The Importance Of Using Natural Beauty Products
Our skin is the largest organ in our body, it’s semi-permeable and therefore absorbs many product ingredients to the tiny blood vessels below the skin and then into the bloodstream.
On a daily basis, we apply face skin care, deodorant, body moisturiser, tanning products, sun protection, hair care including styling products, make-up and that’s just the morning routine. It’s not difficult to use up to 20 products daily!
- Synthetic, man-made chemical products are essentially foreign bodies to the skin and, therefore, are over time stressors to the skin.
- For our health and well-being, all products we place on the skin should be made from the highest quality natural, biodynamic and organic ingredients.
- What you put on your skin affects both the health of your skin and your body.
- Knowing this, you would want to use only the highest quality ingredients from nature.
- The finest natural and organic ingredients support healthy and balanced skin function and a healthy skin doesn’t suffer from premature ageing either.
The ingredients you put on your skin, face and body, do matter
We know to feed our body nutritious, and wherever possible, organic food and it’s the same for your skin care, we’ve transformed nature’s ingredients to make natural and organic skin care convenient and easy to use – ingredients that your skin understands.
Unique in skin care philosophy
At Dr. Hauschka, we have a medicinal background since 1935 with anthroposophical homeopathic remedies and many of these guidelines and of course medicinal knowledge goes into crafting our skin care.
If you have an oily skin you may be tempted to use harsh cleansing products that ‘strip’ the skin, this just results in your skin producing more oil to compensate. Clarifying Day Oil is a lightweight, rapidly absorbed oil, that helps to calm, balance and regulate oily skin. Yes, oil for an oily skin!
We’re absolutely against the use of night creams. During the night your skin regenerates and eliminates, and heavy, occlusive night creams impede this natural process of the skin. Sleeping isn’t ageing. Creams should only be used to protect and nourish your skin during the day time. Use of eye cream at night usually causes puffy eyes in the morning. For night time we use botanical extracts in a watery solution. One month of no night cream and you will see the difference!
Also we understand your skin has differing cleansing needs at each end of the day, therefore we have different morning and evening cleansing products that are both effective and gentle to your skin. Our morning cleanser is a deep cleansing almond meal preparation due to the overnight elimination activity of your skin while cleansing in the evening is to clean the dirt and dust your skin picks up during the day and to remove make-up and eye make-up.
How do you know authentic natural and organic ingredients in the total formulation?
What percentage of the ingredients in natural cosmetics are organic? What are the minimum standards and the maximum values? Furthermore: how can you describe the high quality of a product other than through its material properties – its finely tuned composition, its more than biochemical effect?
Our entire skin care and make-up is certified with the BDIH seal for ‘certified natural cosmetics’ and/or the international quality seal for natural and organic cosmetics ‘NATRUE’. The NATRUE standard distinguishes between natural cosmetics, natural cosmetics with at least 70% organic ingredients and natural cosmetics with at least 95% organic ingredients. The term ‘natural skin care’ alone is neither legally protected nor defined on a binding basis. At NATRUE you can find the certifications given to each individual Dr. Hauschka product. Look for the NATRUE label for a guarantee that products are as natural as can be! This provides consumer transparency and it’s our guarantee our products are free from synthetic chemical fragrances, colours and preservatives, mineral oils, petrochemicals, parabens, silicones and PEG.
Our preference is for biodynamic/Demeter certified, organic or responsibly wild harvested ingredients. If an organic version of a raw material is not yet available on the global market, we initiate organic or biodynamic growing projects.
There is more to quality than good raw materials
Our recipes depend on the highest quality natural and organic raw materials – but also on the care with which they were grown and processed. By using Demeter farming, we gain medicinal plant extracts that are high in vitality to pass onto your skin. The ingredients come together to form complex compositions made up of more than just the sum of their components. Only when their ingredients interact and are supported by our rhythmic manufacturing procedure do our products take on their unique quality that enables them to stimulate the skin’s natural activity.
The result: a healthy, strengthened, balanced, regulated and radiant skin!
P.S. We have never tested on animals, we test on happy to help out human volunteers.
Thanks for reading our blog. xx