Did you know? Many people suffer from sensitive skin. According to a report by the American Academy of Dermatology at least 50% of women and 30% of men.
Sensitive skin can feel dry and tight. Redness may be prevalent as well. Very dry skin falls under the sensitive banner as it’s often suffering from water/hydration loss and a weakened natural barrier function.
Sensitive skin is in need of strengthening and protection
Fine-pored, thin-skinned, extremely low oil content, highly dehydrated, premature wrinkles, feels tight, redness, tendency to become inflamed and develop eczema, reactive.
What causes sensitivities
- Skin disorders or allergic skin reactions such as eczema, or allergic contact dermatitis
- Overly dry or injured skin that can no longer protect nerve endings, leading to skin reactions
- Excessive exposure to skin, damaging environmental factors such as sun, wind, excessive heat or cold
- Use of harsh skin products, exfoliation via beads, acids such as AHA and BHA’s, scrubs, overly alkaline and/or lathering cleansers
- Harsh skin treatments such as dermabrasion
Sensitive skin often appears red, irritated and in need of soothing, calming, stabilising and strengthening care.
Dr. Hauschka Skin Care offers sensitive skin gentle yet powerful products that de-stress skin, working quickly to support, strengthen and stabilise the skin’s barrier function. Our products minimise the appearance of redness, couperose and dilated capillaries. Skin becomes calm and more resilient, able to protect itself and maintain an even, balanced, smooth complexion.
We usually recommend Rose Day Cream for a sensitive skin, ingredient St. John’s wort is calming and soothing, rose is balancing, harmonising and strengthens dilated capillaries while beeswax, carnauba wax, precious rose flower wax and shea butter is highly protective against the elements. By mixing a little Revitalising Mask with your Rose Day Cream it becomes more cooling and soothing. Rose Day Cream Light may also be used. Rose is, however, a warming ingredient.
If you there’s heat in your skin you may find Quince Day Cream is the better choice. Quince is a cooling ingredient.
Regenerating Serum is formulated for sensitive skin.
Soothing Mask is a must, twice weekly, as is regular treatments with Sensitive Care Conditioner and/or Soothing Intensive Treatment. You may also use Soothing Mask as your day cream for a one-month skin strengthening boost.
If you’re also experiencing extreme dryness and/or dehydration then incorporate Hydrating Mask into your skin regime also.
Why Dr. Hauschka doesn’t recommend night creams:
- While you sleep your skin is actually hard at work regenerating, balancing oil production and expelling impurities.
- Application of night creams interferes with these essential tasks, and over time skin becomes less able to care for itself. Use of night cream also signals the sebaceous glands to cut down on moisture production, resulting in drier skin!
Since 1967, Dr. Hauschka has been devoted to creating skin care formulations from Nature. Our efficacy is based on our unique skin care philosophy, unique rhythmic process and the highest quality natural ingredients with a preference for biodynamic, organic or responsibly wild harvested sources. The result: healthy, balanced, strengthened and radiant skin!
Dr. Hauschka Quality
- Truly natural and organic cosmetics, certified to NATRUE and/or BDIH standards
- Free from synthetic fragrances, dyes and preservatives
- Free from mineral oils, parabens, silicone, phthalates and PEG
- Dermatologically tested for sensitive skin
- We do not test on animals, we test on happy to help out human volunteers
- Wherever possible, all raw materials come from controlled organic or Demeter cultivation and are recovered under fair conditions
Thanks for reading our blog.