As we mature we lose colour from our complexion, resulting in a pallid/dull skin.
7 Ways to Revive a Dull Skin
- Fresh and nutritious food, fruit and vegetables contain pigments called carotenoids, which give carrots their orange colour, tomatoes their red colour etc. When we eat them, these pigments show in our skin, contributing to a glowing complexion. Adequate sleep, plenty of water (hydration is plumping as well), less coffee and alcohol, fresh air and exercise.
- Use Dr. Hauschka Revitalising Day Cream. This product is our lightest in texture yet our most activating. It supports sebaceous activity and key ingredient Anthyllis guides your skin to a healthy, radiant state.
- Definitely do not use night cream or eye cream at night, they impede overnight functions, and we want to support a healthy functioning, radiant skin with water based botanical extract products. Try Night Serum.
- Revitalising Mask treatment twice a week.
- Mix Translucent Bronzing Tint with your Revitalising Day Cream to bring warm tones into your skin.
- After your Foundation always, always put the colour back in! Use our matte Bronzing Powder (see tips below) and Rouge Powder, Blushing Rose to the ‘apples’ of the cheeks. Think of a child’s skin with naturally rosy cheeks.
- Use Eyeshadow Solo Ivory 09 with a Powder Brush to highlight cheekbones. Also a little at the cupid’s bow of your lips and under brow, these areas of highlighting bring radiance to your look.
Bronzing Powder Application Tips:
To get that natural, sun-kissed look, apply bronzer with a light hand, using Powder Brush, building it up in sheer layers. A little goes a long way. Focus on the areas that the sun would naturally hit, including forehead, chin and jaw line, and the tops of cheeks, the tip of nose, using sweeping motions on top of your brow bone and circular motions on your cheeks and chin.
Recommended Daily Skin Regime for a Dull/Pallid Skin
Revitalising Day Cream mixed with Translucent Bronzing Tint
Foundation, Bronzing Powder and Rouge Powder
Soothing Cleansing Milk
Once a week:
Clarifying Steam Bath, Clarifying Clay Mask followed by Revitalising Mask
Once a week:
A second Revitalising Mask treatment, if your skin is dry/dehydrated then use Hydrating Mask on the other night of the week.
Since 1967 Dr. Hauschka has been devoted to creating skin care formulations from Nature. Our efficacy is based on our unique skin care philosophy, unique rhythmic process and the highest quality natural ingredients with a preference for biodynamic, organic or responsibly wild harvested sources. The result: healthy, balanced, strengthened and radiant skin!
Dr. Hauschka Quality
- Truly natural and organic cosmetics, certified to NATRUE and/or BDIH standards
- Free from synthetic fragrances, dyes and preservatives
- Free from mineral oils, parabens, silicone, phthalates and PEG
- Dermatologically tested for sensitive skin
- We do not test on animals, we test on happy to help out human volunteers
- Wherever possible, all raw materials come from controlled organic or Demeter cultivation and are recovered under fair conditions
Thanks for reading our blog. xx