The 7 main causes of pimples
- Hormones: puberty, menstrual cycle, pregnancy, menopause, stress
- Excess Sebum
- Bacteria and inflammation
- Some foods such as chocolate
- Some medications
- ‘Cosmetic acne’, comedogenic products
What to do
- Drink warm water and lemon juice first thing in the morning, every morning, to help keep your skin clear.
- Ensure make-up brushes are kept scrupulously clean, same with your Compress Cloth, flannel and/or Cleansing Sponge and even your pillow slip.
- For guys place your razor in a cup of boiling water before each use to sterilise, allow to cool prior to shaving. Avoid multi-blade razors and go for the old fashioned single blade safety razor, avoid foaming supermarket type shaving products and use a natural shaving soap with a shaving brush instead.
- Avoid touching your face at all costs!
- If you know chocolate causes you to break out, then avoid it.
- Don’t use overly alkaline, lathering, harsh exfoliants (beads, AHAs or BHAs), these ‘strip’ the skin and your skin will respond by producing more oil to compensate.
- Dr. Hauschka’s night time stance is to support the skin during its night time elimination activity. We do this by using botanical extracts in water based products. Never use night cream.
- Do treat your skin with gentle and effective cleansing products, ‘correct cleansing’ is the first step towards healthy skin.
Compress and hydrate your skin, to soften the pores for a deeper cleanse. Use Sage Purifying Bath Essence in your basin water. Complete cleanse with a splash or compress of cold water. This simple technique contracts a minute muscle beside the hair follicle helping to remove any remaining dirt. Keeps your skin feeling soft too, without harsh exfoliation.
Use Cleansing Cream in the morning with our ‘press & roll’ technique, Soothing Cleansing Milk in the evening to remove the day’s dirt and dust, makeup and eye makeup. You may wish to do a secondary cleanse with Cleansing Cream in the evening as well.
After cleansing with Cleansing Cream and toning with Clarifying Toner, which contains daisy (anti-inflammatory), echinacea (anti-bacterial) and nasturtium to guide the skin to a state of balance then choose your day care.
Clarifying Day Oil, yes an oil for an oily skin which may seem counter intuitive, however, we’re incorporating homeopathic guidelines into our skin care regime, and this product aids in regulating oil production.
Melissa Day Cream is a specialist product specific for a Combination Skin, oily t-zone, dry/normal cheeks. The medicinal herb Melissa (Lemon Balm) mediates between oily and dry areas, helping to control shine in oily areas, and with a matte finish.
Any skin condition with pimples
In your weekly skin care regime once a week do Clarifying Steam Bath and Clarifying Clay Mask to draw impurities from your skin and follow up with Revitalising Mask which we recommend to help regenerate from new scarring, to refine pores and to aid in healing. Do another Revitalising Mask treatment on another night during the week.
Take advice on the moisturiser you’re using. For instance Revitalising Day Cream stimulates sebaceous activity, it may be adviseable to change to Rose Day Cream or Rose Day Cream Light.
Number 1 priority has to be Dr. Hauschka Coverstick which is an amazing treat and conceal product with just the right amount of tea tree and manuka for their anti-bacterial properties and tapioca starch to absorb from the pimple. Apply the minute you see a pimple in the morning, reapply during the day if you wish. Remember the quicker a pimple is healed the less likelihood of life long scarring.
For makeup we recommend staying clear from occlusive, petrochemical based products. Instead use Translucent Bronzing Tint and mix with your Clarifying Day Oil and/or Melissa Day Cream for a tinted moisturiser, or use Dr. Hauschka Foundation, setting with our Translucent Powder.
For a 28-30 day intensive treatment we recommend Clarifying Intensive Treatment <25 or Clarifying Intensive Treatment >25.
Recommended Skin Care Regime
Regenerating Serum if appropriate, for a maturing skin
Soothing Cleansing Milk, you may wish to complete a secondary cleanse with Cleansing Cream
Night Serum or Regenerating Serum
Once a week:
Clarifying Steam Bath, Clarifying Clay Mask followed by Revitalising Mask
Once a week: Revitalising Mask treatment on another night of the week
2-4 x per year:
Clarifying Intensive Treatment <25 or >25
Our biodynamic medicinal plant gardens
Since 1967 Dr. Hauschka has been devoted to creating skin care formulations from Nature. Our efficacy is based on our unique skin care philosophy, unique rhythmic process and the highest quality natural ingredients with a preference for biodynamic, organic or responsibly wild harvested sources. The result: healthy, balanced, strengthened and radiant skin!
Dr. Hauschka Quality
- Truly natural and organic cosmetics, certified to NATRUE and/or BDIH standards
- Free from synthetic fragrances, dyes and preservatives
- Free from mineral oils, parabens, silicone, phthalates and PEG
- Dermatologically tested for sensitive skin
- We do not test on animals, we test on happy to help out human volunteers
- Wherever possible, all raw materials come from controlled organic or Demeter cultivation and are recovered under fair conditions
Thanks for reading our blog. x