At Dr. Hauschka we have a medicinal background since 1935, producing anthroposophical homeopathic remedies and many of these guidelines and of course medicinal as well as botanical knowledge goes into crafting our skin care.
If you have an oily skin you may be tempted to use harsh cleansing products (overly alkaline, lathering, harsh exfoliating via beads or acids) that ‘strip’ the skin, this just results in your skin producing more oil to compensate. It’s imperative to correctly cleanse with effective and gentle cleansing that respect the pH of your skin. Your skin’s acid mantle is protective against bacteria.
Clarifying Day Oil is a lightweight, rapidly absorbed oil, that helps to calm, balance and regulate oily skin. Yes, oil for an oily skin! It may seem counter intuitive at first, but just give your skin a chance to regulate and balance on our skin care regime.
Recommended Daily Skin Care Rituals
- Compress & Hydrate your skin using Sage Purifying Bath Essence in your basin water
- Cleansing Cream – mix with a little water into a paste and ‘press & roll’
- Clarifying Facial Toner – close eyes and mist directly onto your skin
- Clarifying Day Oil – warm 2-3 drops and press into skin that’s still moist from your Toner
- If you have pimples apply Coverstick, our amazing conceal and treat pimple zapping product.
Tip: You may wish to mix a little Translucent Bronzing Tint in with your Clarifying Day Oil to help even skin tone
- Soothing Cleansing Milk – to remove the dirt and dust your skin picks up during the day and to remove make-up and eye make-up
- You may wish to do a secondary cleanse with Cleansing Cream
- Clarifying Toner – close eyes and mist directly onto skin
- You may wish to use Night Serum which aids the night time processes of your skin, but never use a night cream, which is occlusive to the skin during your skin’s elimination phase overnight
Once a week complete a Clarifying Steam Bath following by Clarifying Clay Mask to draw impurities from your skin and to gently exfoliate. Then apply Revitalising Mask which soothes skin, refines pores and may help heal new scarring. Sunday night for this is a great skin care habit to get into.
On another night of the week cleanse early in the evening, apply Revitalising Mask and leave to absorb as long as possible, removing before bedtime with a warm, moist cloth. If you’re in a hurry leave on for 30 minutes.
Twice a year in the most transitional seasons of autumn and spring complete a 30 night Renewing Night Conditioner treatment instead of Toner. Renewing Night Conditioner is also highly recommended if you’re a new Dr. Hauschka customer and your skin is transitioning off night creams and synthetic chemical products.
Twice a year complete a Clarifying Intensive Treatment (<25 or >25) morning and evening instead of Toner. Choose summer and winter for this one month, one bottle treatment.
Clarifying Day Oil in detail
- Balances oily and/or blemished skin
- Fast absorbing daily moisturiser that balances excessive oiliness
- Refines the appearance of pores
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes
- Jojoba, apricot kernel, almond and wheat germ oils (a rich source of vitamin E, one of the skin healing vitamins) balance the skin’s natural oil content
- Anthyllis, a key ingredient in Dr. Hauschka preparations for bringing all skin conditions to a state of balance and carrot (a rich source of natural provitamin A another of the skin healing vitamins) extracts calm the skin
- Cocoa butter is readily absorbed by the skin and helps it to feel soft and supple
- Neem, St. John’s wort and calendula extracts combine to visibly minimise redness and help maintain a healthy, radiant complexion
- One bottle lasts a long time!
Use: Each morning after cleansing and toning, apply a 2-5 drops to your palms and evenly apply to the face, neck and décolleté.
Clarifying Face Care Kit – perfect to trial natural and organic Dr. Hauschka Skin Care products and daily rituals.
Contents: Cleansing Cream, Clarifying Toner, Clarifying Day Oil, Melissa Day Cream, Clarifying Steam Bath, Clarifying Clay Mask and Revitalising Mask
Since 1967 Dr. Hauschka has been devoted to creating skin care formulations from Nature. Our efficacy is based on our unique skin care philosophy, unique rhythmic process and the highest quality natural ingredients with a preference for biodynamic, organic or responsibly wild harvested sources. The result: healthy, balanced, strengthened and radiant skin!
Dr. Hauschka Quality
- Authentic natural and organic cosmetics, certified to NATRUE and/or BDIH standards
- Free from synthetic fragrances, dyes and preservatives
- Free from mineral oils, parabens, silicone, phthalates and PEG
- We do not test on animals, we test on happy to help out human volunteers
- Wherever possible, all raw materials come from controlled organic or Demeter cultivation and are recovered under fair conditions
Thanks for reading our blog. x