Silk is a truly extraordinary substance. The keratins from which it’s formed are very similar to the structural proteins in human skin, especially collagen. They balance out or neutralise both acids and bases. In doing so, they stabilise the skin’s acid mantle. And as a powder, silk absorbs up to 40% of its own weight in moisture. A body powder which leaves your skin feeling wonderfully silky whilst giving it a matte lustre.
Dr. Hauschka Silk Body Powder all natural skin care has a subtle scent reminiscent of fresh moss. Breathing deeply, you ponder over this unique fragrance and let it carry you away to distant world. You feel a sense of nostalgia and then the softness. Once applied you feel like you have enveloped yourself in a silk robe, which invisibly covers and protects you. We create Silk Body Powder with pure silk powder from silk fibre, rice starch and diatomaceous earth. Talc-free. Enriched with medicinal plant extracts from sage, gentian and oak bark, the delicate body powder unfurls its moisturising, lightly deodorising effect while stabilising the natural balance of the skin. It offers reliable protection, gives the skin a matte sheen and makes it silky smooth. It mildly protects highly sensitive skin that is prone to itchiness.
Our Silk Body Powder has so many uses that we are still surprised at the ideas we receive from fans. Here are a few tips:
- In the warmer months Silk Body Powder helps to absorb excess moisture and has you feeling fresh!
- Silk Body Powder may be used to deodorise your highly sensitive underarm skin.
- No time to wash your hair? Shake some Silk Body Powder onto your roots then brush it out.
- Babies’ bottoms stay beautifully soft with Silk Body Powder and it helps prevent nappy rash.
- We have been told by enthusiastic Silk Body Powder fans it’s an essential companion on long cycle trips.
- Perspiring feet or clammy hands love the deodorising, moisture-binding Silk Body Powder.
- For an all natural skin care, healthy feet treat, apply Deodorising Foot Cream, then Silk Body Powder.
- Tight shoes or sandal straps? Silk Body Powder reduces the risk of blisters.
- The matte effect of Silk Body Powder is also perfect for powdering sensitive facial skin.
- Lipstick Tip: To fix your lipstick, kiss a tissue to remove any excess colour. Use a cotton pad sprinkled with a little Silk Body Powder and apply to lips, then apply a second coat of lipstick.
- Mascara and eyeliner stay put for longer if you start by applying a little Silk Body Powder to your eye area and lashes.
- Travel companion – sprinkle Silk Body Powder in shoes overnight to keep them fresh, use as a dry shampoo and as a body powder, especially if there’s plenty of walking and there is risk of chaffing.
- Silk Body Powder protects men’s sensitive skin after shaving.
Thanks for reading our blog. x
Dr. Hauschka Quality
Natural and organic skin care brand – since 1967
- Authentic natural and organic skin care and make-up, certified to NATRUE standards
- Free from chemical/synthetic fragrances, dyes and preservatives
- Free from mineral oils, parabens, silicone and PEGs
- Dermatologically tested for sensitive skin
- Wherever possible, all raw materials come from controlled organic or biodynamic (Demeter certified) cultivation and are recovered under fair conditions
- We don’t test on animals, we test on happy to help out human volunteers
Thanks for reading our blog. xx