Life’s busy but attending to this night time ritual becomes a firm favourite in transitioning from day to night. Time for me.
Compress & Hydrate your skin, using Moor Lavender Calming or Rose Nurturing Bath Essence in your basin water, with your Organic Cotton Compress, for aromatic benefits. We promote Compressing & Hydrating to soften pores for a much deeper cleanse, and you’ll use your cleansing products more economically too.
2) Cleanse with Soothing Cleansing Milk to remove make-up, eye make-up and the dirt and dust your skin picks up during the day. You may wish to complete a secondary deeper cleanse with Cleansing Cream.
3) Complete cleanse with a splash or compress of cold water to contract a minute muscle beside the hair follicle, removing any last remaining dirt. This simple technique creates a softer skin, without harsh exfoliation.
What’s the difference between a moisturiser and a serum?
Moisturiser is an oil and water emulsion to nourish and regulate the skin and to protect your skin from the environment during the day.
Serum delivers botanical extracts that are absorbed deeply and it’s water based (non oily). Night Serum is to be used at night, whereas a more demanding maturing skin requires Regenerating Serum both night and day.
Editor’s note: I’m using Night Serum at night and Regenerating Serum in the morning.
We don’t agree with the conventional idea of night cream use, why?
- During the night your skin is metabolising and eliminating the day’s waste. The night time rhythm of the skin is one of a ‘breathing out’.
- There are no environmental factors that you need to protect your skin from while you’re asleep. You protect your skin during the day with an oil/water emulsion moisturiser.
- A night cream is an occlusive substance, which impedes your skin’s natural night time elimination and regeneration processes.
- Night cream use exacerbates a dry skin and eye cream use at night is highly likely to bring about puffy morning eyes.
- Sleeping isn’t ageing!
So what do we recommend?
Oil-free night care
Dr. Hauschka night treatment preparations embrace regenerating and regulating botanical essences held in a watery solution, for a healthy, strengthened and radiant skin in the morning.
Dr. Hauschka Night Care Products:
Thanks for reading our blog. x