Your face is a very small area, however, we often pay much more attention to using natural and organic products on our face, rather than our body, yet our body is a much larger area for absorption of conventional chemicals.
1. Your skin absorbs some of what you put on it
How much actually gets absorbed is up for debate, some say it is up to 60%, others say very little will make it to our bloodstream. Our skin is the largest organ of our body and it is semi-permeable and we do know medicinal patches work well enough using our skin as a medium.
We also ingest products through the mouth – as with lipsticks. Sprays may be inhaled.
Choosing certified natural and organic products will reduce your toxic chemical load significantly.
2. We are exposed to so many synthetic chemicals every day
Many women using conventional beauty products are being exposed to hundreds different synthetic and petro-chemicals every day. From shampoo, styling products and hair spray to deodorant, makeup, face and body products. It’s makes sense to do all we can to lower this exposure.
3. Natural, organic and biodynamic products work better
Your body can better use and metabolise natural substances. Nature makes things whole and complex, science separates and isolates. Whole substances contain everything they need to be effective, these are ingredients your skin understands.
So, how do you choose safe skin care?
Read ingredients, rather than labels.
And if there’s anything you’d like clarification on please contact our Concept Store, Discovery Centre Rozelle (02) 9818 6119 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Hauschka Quality
- Truly natural and organic cosmetics, certified to NATRUE and/or BDIH standards
- Free from chemical/synthetic fragrances, dyes and preservatives
- Free from mineral oils, parabens, silicone and PEG
- Dermatologically tested for sensitive skin
- Wherever possible, all raw materials come from controlled organic or Demeter cultivation and are recovered under fair conditions
- We don’t test on animals, we test on happy to help out human volunteers
Thanks for reading our blog. x