1) Drink warm water and lemon juice first thing every morning to help keep your skin looking clear and your eyes bright, add some organic apple cider vinegar in it as well. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water or herbal teas daily to keep your skin plump and hydrated.
2) Compress and Hydrate your skin prior to cleansing with Organic Cotton Compress to soften pores for a much deeper cleanse, and you’ll use your Cleansing Cream and Soothing Cleansing Milk much more economically as well. Remember to complete your cleanse with 2-3 cold water splashes or a cold compress. This simple technique activates a minute muscle beside the hair follicle ensuring any remaining dirt is washed away and your skin will feel silky soft for it as well. How to Compress & Hydrate video.
3) Get a good night’s sleep. It really is beauty sleep. Try to go to bed and get up at the same time each day to support your body’s rhythms. No night cream, while your skin is in its night time elimination and regeneration phase, only use botanical actives held in a watery solution at night time, Night Serum or Regenerating Serum.
4) A quality set of brushes that’s clean is a must for professional application. Eyeshadow sponge applicators are only for touch-ups, a beautifully blended eyeshadow look comes from quality brushes and Foundation takes on an air brushed look with blending brush application. Remember they need to be washed weekly with an eco friendly gentle hand wash liquid. Always dry your brushes laying flat, preferably in sunlight, you don’t want any moisture or soap getting into the head of the brush as it will compromise the glue.
5) Incorporate relaxation. For example instead of watching tele, dance or do yoga in your living room. Have a regular Dr. Hauschka Facial Treatment, so much more than a facial, with a Dr. Hauschka trained Esthetician. Lose yourself in a good book, a recent study found reading reduced stress by a whopping 68% and listening to music 61%.
6) Go for a walk every morning for 30 minutes. Maybe find a walking buddy. Benefits: supports your lymph system, therefore your immune system, lifts your mood, clears your mind, supports blood circulation etc.
7) Embrace twice weekly Mask treatments into your skin care regime to really make a difference.
Revitalising Mask – top selling mask that benefits all skin conditions, refines pores and skin looks even toned, rejuvenating, soothing and cooling for sensitivities, our ‘go to’ mask the night before a special event, also highly recommended for post holiday sun-stressed skin.
Hydrating Mask – For soft, plumped skin treating any dryness or dehydration.
Soothing Mask – Strengthens a sensitive, red, irritated, stressed skin, also recommended for rosacea to use as a day cream as well as a mask.
Firming Mask – a warming mask to firm and tone, to support a maturing skin.
Dr. Hauschka Quality
- Authentic natural and organic skin care and make-up, certified to NATRUE standards
- Free from chemical/synthetic fragrances, dyes and preservatives
- Free from mineral oils, parabens, silicone and PEGs
- Dermatologically tested for sensitive skin
- Wherever possible, all raw materials come from controlled organic or biodynamic (Demeter certified) cultivation and are recovered under fair conditions
- We don’t test on animals, we test on happy to help out human volunteers
Thanks for reading our blog. xx
Join our eNewsletter for skin and make-up tips, promotions, new products and giveaways