Soothing Cleansing Milk emulsifies your make-up, enabling removal along with the dirt your skin picks up during the day.
- First cleanse to remove make-up, dirt, dust and pollution.
- Second cleanse for your skin, in preparation for night time regeneration and elimination.
- Basin of warm water preferably with a little Dr. Hauschka Bath Essence.
- Immerse your organic cotton cloth or your cleansing sponge into the water and squeeze.
- Moisten your skin, you’ll find you use use Soothing Cleansing Milk more economically on moist skin.
- Wipe away your make-up on one side of the cloth or cleansing sponge.
- Now cleanse your skin a second time with Soothing Cleansing Milk and remove with the clean side of your cloth or cleansing sponge. Alternatively you may prefer your second cleanse to be a deeper cleanse with Cleansing Cream, remove by rinsing.
TIP: Always, always complete your cleanse with a couple of splashes of cold water to contract the tiny muscle beside hair follicles to help remove any last remaining dirt and it makes your skin feel soft.
After the night time elimination activity of the skin, our recommended morning cleanser, Cleansing Cream, with finely ground almond meal, which is particularly good at attracting and removing dirt and the night time elimination from your skin. It’s also used in the ‘press and roll’ technique, so it’s ever so gentle. No double cleanse required.
Do I really need a cleanser to clean my skin or will just water do the trick?
Yes you do need an effective, gentle cleanser that removes make-up, dirt, dust and pollution and your skin. However, it must also respect the pH of your skin.
Is there a difference between a cleanser and a face wash?
Face wash is a lathering product, and lathering products are too harsh/alkaline for your skin. It’s really important to respect the hydrolipid layer of your skin, your skin will feel comfortable after cleansing, not tight.
Why don’t your cleansers say which skin condition they’re for?
Because both Soothing Cleansing Milk and Cleansing Cream are effective, gentle cleansing products for any and all skin conditions. They respect the hydrolipid layer and your skin’s pH, because the natural acidity of your skin is your protection against bacteria.
Yes, because emulsified make-up needs wiping away. Ideally wash them daily in laundry liquid that won’t leave behind chemical residues or optical brighteners.
Isn’t Cleansing Cream a scrub?
No, it’s mixed with a little water to form and emulsion, then you ‘press and roll’ it into your skin. This causes a suction effect and almond meal is particularly good at binding dirt. Think how you would caress a child’s face, treat your face exactly the same, with the utmost gentle touch, it has to last you a lifetime! Check out The Truth About Exfoliating.
Sometimes I’m in a hurry, so I use wipes, is that ok?
Dr. Hauschka Quality
- Authentic natural and organic skin care and make-up, certified to NATRUE standards
- Free from chemical/synthetic fragrances, dyes and preservatives
- Free from mineral oils, parabens, silicone and PEGs
- Dermatologically tested for sensitive skin
- Wherever possible, all raw materials come from controlled organic or biodynamic (Demeter certified) cultivation and are recovered under fair conditions
- We don’t test on animals, we test on happy to help out human volunteers
In 2017 we’re celebrating Dr. Hauschka, 50 years of making a difference. Dr. Hauschka has been the pioneer of natural and organic skin care since 1967.
Dr. Hauschka Skin Care products are highly concentrated formulations. Each and every ingredient in our compositions are chosen with 50 years medicinal, botanical, pharmaceutical and skin care knowledge.
Our ingredients are chosen with intention and sourced at the peak of their vibrancy and potency to deliver maximum efficacy. Positive results for a radiant, healthy and balanced skin.
Each and every ingredient is in our formulations for the benefit of your skin, not the formula itself, we do not use fillers.
Our preference is biodynamic, organic or responsibly wild harvested ingredients.
NATRUE certified natural and organic skin care and make-up. Sustainable. Conscious. Cruelty free. Aromatic natural and organic essential oils, free from synthetic chemical fragrance. Free from parabens, sulphates, PEGs, phthalates, silicones, petrochemicals, synthetic chemical colours and preservatives.
50 years of making a difference
Thanks for reading our blog. xx
Join our eNewsletter for skin and make-up tips, promotions, new products and giveaways