Naturally, illuminating, nurturing
Pomegranate, coconut, macadamia
Foundation that cares for your skin!
• Highly nourishing foundation based on the finest natural and organic ingredients.
• Maintains the skin’s moisture balance and protects it from external influences.
• Easy to apply, medium coverage.
• Harmonises with skin tone.
• May use one shade lighter than your perfect shade as a ‘primer’.
• Formulation includes mineral pigments, Pomegranate for antioxidants and moisturising ability, Anthyllis which helps all skin conditions to find balance, provitamin A rich Carrot Root extract, Apricot Kernel, Macadamia, Jojoba Oils and Coconut to nourish the skin, Shea Butter and Candelilla Wax to protect.
• Natural essential oils provide an initial light, fresh aroma followed by hints of coconut and vanilla.
• Enhanced shades and concealing properties.
• Following an intensive development phase, we created a formulation that conceals minor flaws while retaining the skin’s natural vitality.
• Foundation evens out the skin’s tone, giving it a balanced, radiant appearance.
Once you’ve made the decision to use Dr. Hauschka natural and organic skin care it makes sense to also be using the same high quality ingredients for your make-up.
01 Macadamia – neutral, for fair skin tone, or maybe used as a ‘primer’
02 Almond – warm, for light to medium skin tone
03 Chestnut – cool, for medium skin tone
04 Hazelnut – warm, for medium to light dark skin tone
05 Nutmeg – neutral, for medium to light dark skin tone
06 Walnut – medium dark skin tone
07 Pecan – dark skin tone
Pomegranate Fruit Extract
Pomegranate fruit helps the skin to regenerate as well as having antioxidant properties. They also store a huge amount of moisture and vitality. The Pomegranate extract used in Dr. Hauschka Foundation is obtained by processing the entire fruit, including its skin.
Pomegranates not only taste good, they have a range of health benefits. Anti-fungal, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and wound-healing properties have been ascribed to them. They’re also resistant to drought and can store much moisture and vitality in their fruit.
An age-defying ingredient
- We process the whole Pomegranate fruit, including the Peel for our products, obtaining a preparation that promotes regeneration of the skin.
- Pomegranate Peel is an important ingredient because its extract inhibits an enzyme that is responsible for the breakdown of collagen in ageing skin.
- At the same time, the extract activates an enzyme that’s involved in the production of collagen.
- Pomegranate Seed Oil contained in the whole-fruit extract stimulates cell division in the keratinocytes, cells which produce the important skin-strengthening protein keratin.
Coconut oil is slow in penetrating the skin’s layers, it leaves the skin feeling soft and silky smooth all day. The coconut oil in Dr. Hauschka Foundation comes from a small farming project in Sri Lanka, which is certified by both Naturland and Fair For Life. This gives the formulation a stable, moisturising base.
Macadamia Nut Oil
Macadamia nuts take a very long time to ripen and are only ready when they fall from the tree of their own accord. Macadamia nut oil is absorbed easily by the skin and is unique among oils owing to the high amount of antioxidant palmitoleic acid that it contains.
The composition also includes nourishing Jojoba and Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis which is a key ingredient to bring all skin conditions to a state of balance, protective Shea Butter and Candelilla Wax, provitamin A rich Carrot Root Extract and Silica to strengthen skin.
Dr. Hauschka Flawless Complexion, click here for Video
by Karim Sattar, Dr. Hauschka International Make-up Artist.
Dr. Hauschka Balancing & Shaping Make-up, click here for Video
by Karim Sattar, Dr. Hauschka International Make-up Artist
Tips from Karim Sattar, Dr. Hauschka International Make-up Artist
- To find the right shade of Dr. Hauschka Foundation for you, apply three different shades on your cheekbones and choose the colour which blends best with your face and neck.
- You should apply Foundation in small amounts starting with the forehead and then moving on to the nose, chin and cheeks – always work downwards to avoid emphasising pores and fine hairs.
- Blend the transition between the neck, ears and hairline so that no edges are visible.
- Because your skin will begin absorbing Foundation immediately, we recommend applying product from the top of the lid, rather than the back of your hand.
- You can apply a second coat of Foundation for more coverage.
- A moist sponge may be used for a lighter coverage, alternatively to achieve a more translucent make-up, mix Foundation with your Dr. Hauschka Moisturiser.
- Applying and patting in the Foundation with a foundation brush helps to conceal redness and imperfections more effectively.
A nurturing base for an even complexion
For the Foundation to go on evenly, your skin should first be cleansed and moisturised. Otherwise, large amounts of Foundation will become concentrated on dry spots, creating an uneven result. Perhaps your lips, neck and the area under your eyes could use a little cream? This creates the optimum base for and even and long-lasting make-up.
Application and fixing
For seamless application, apply a little Foundation from your forehead down to your nose, as well as to your chin and cheeks. Always work downwards so as not to emphasise pores or tiny hairs. Next, spread the Foundation outwards to the sides of your face, blending in the areas of transition with your neck, ears and hair line.
Concealer before or after?
After! For greater coverage in specific areas or to conceal shadows on the inner corner of the eyes, add a little Concealer. But don’t cover up too much – leave the moles or freckles that are part of your beauty.
Why use Powder?
Powder helps to fix the liquid Foundation and enhances the staying power of your make-up. Use a Powder Brush to work a little loose power into your skin using downwards strokes. To create a more matte effect, you can press the powder onto your skin using a powder puff, gently rolling it back and forth. Powder Compact is a practical choice if you like to refresh your make-up while out and about.
Fingers, sponge or brush?
At hand temperature, Foundation spreads easily and harmoniously blends with your complexion. Please moisturise your hands well before use. This allows you to apply the Foundation evenly.
Easily, with a sponge
Application with a slightly damp sponge for speed of application.
Carefully, with a brush
Air brushed finish
Foundation Brush is great for giving an ‘air brushed’ finish, and for blending colour at jawline.
For a little extra glow
Different tones open up interesting opportunities: the shades can be combined in any way you like to create your very own, personal Foundation or adapt your usual shade to the time of year. A darker shade helps to emphasise your cheek area.
For a bit of quick refreshment
If you applied your Foundation a few hours ago, you can give your face a little extra hydration later in the day, Mist a small amount of Facial Toner onto your face.
Too much Powder or Foundation?
Spray a little Toner onto a Powder Brush and gently brush across your face.
For a long-lasting result, high colour correcting result
For longer-lasting results and a flawless complexion, apply a little Colour Correcting Powder to your face first, to colour correct and as a matte base for Foundation. Apply a little over the Foundation as well, to set your make-up.
Dr. Hauschka has been devoted to creating skin care formulations from Nature. Our efficacy is based on our unique skin care philosophy, unique rhythmic process and the highest quality natural ingredients with a preference for biodynamic, organic or responsibly wild harvested sources. The result: healthy, balanced, strengthened and radiant skin!
Dr. Hauschka Quality
- Authentic natural and/or organic skin care and make-up, certified to NATRUE standards
- Free from synthetic chemical fragrances, dyes and preservatives
- Free from mineral oils, parabens, silicone and PEGs
- Dermatologically tested for sensitive skin
- Wherever possible, all raw materials come from controlled organic or biodynamic (Demeter certified) cultivation and are recovered under fair conditions
- We do not test on animals
Join our eNewsletter for skin and make-up tips, promotions, new products and giveaways