To really enhance your eyes, to make them look more alluring, bigger, brighter and the whites appear whiter, then choose eyeshadow colours that fall opposite to your iris colour on the colour wheel, as opposed to colours that are the same or similar colour as your eyes or colours that match your clothes.
The opposite of blue is orange/golds/browns
The opposite of green is lilac/burgundy/pinks
The opposite of brown is aqua/blues/greens
Using complementary colours provides the most contrast between your iris colour and your shadow colour, therefore it’s this contrast that enhances your eyes.
Hazel Eyes are multiple colours so choose the same recommendations as for brown eyes using the colour wheel concept to contrast differing colour flecks in your eyes to highlight.
Aside from complementary colours, everyone needs a brown, taupe and neutral shades palette too, This also includes brown eyes, which can use browns, just need to stay away from muddy browns. Eye & Brow Palette with matte shades for both eyes and brows.
Always apply eyeshadow from outer towards inner, not the other way around, for a professional and uplifting look to your eyeshadow application. When you apply from inner to outer you end up with colour dragging your eye downwards.
When you’re applying your deepest colour to the crease, always keep your eyes open to ensure correct placement of the colour.
In-Store Events 2018 – will be posted in the New Year
We have a fabulous, friendly Team, with years of skin care knowledge and experience, who like nothing more than to have a chat with you about your skin, any concerns you may have and ensure the optimum personalised solution. Come and experience a hands-on session and learn how to achieve naturally healthy and radiant skin or perhaps a new look make-up with our Dr. Hauschka trained Make-up Artists.
Discover Naturally Beautiful Skin
Our sessions are educational, we’ll discuss our common sense fundamental skin care principles and unique application methods. We’ll also provide a personalised daily/weekly/seasonal skin care regime to ensure you get the best results. Many sessions include our natural and organic make-up as well, how about a new look?
Sessions are FREE or alternatively have a booking fee that’s redeemable on Dr. Hauschka products purchased on the day of your appointment.
NATRUE/BDIH certified natural and organic skin care and makeup
Our Team at Events, experienced, highly knowledgeable, and providing you with personalised expert advice
Melanie – NSW
With over 30 years in the skin care field, and a certified Dr. Hauschka Esthetician for the past 7 years; Melanie has worked with many challenging skin conditions. Always working holistically, you can feel confident that Melanie will design the perfect, results based, routine for you and your lifestyle. Melanie is also a trained Dr. Hauschka Make-up Artist.
Nicky – QLD & Northern NSW
Nicky has been in the Beauty Industry for 30 years as a Qualified Beauty Therapist/Esthetician, Makeup Artist, Trainer and Retail Cosmetic Product Specialist. A previous Beauty Salon Owner and Operator for 12 years Nicky has lived and worked all over Australia. Her passion is customer education and of course natural, organic and biodynamic skin care. Nicky is also a trained Dr. Hauschka Make-up Artist.
Josie – VIC & SA
Josie has been with Dr. Hauschka Australia for some 14 years, so she brings a wealth of Dr. Hauschka product and skin care knowledge.
Josie spent over 25 years in sales and retail, she also owned an events and promotion company and supported her sister in her Beauty Salon, where her love of skin care began. Josie has completed courses in both Make-up and Modelling. Josie is also a trained Dr. Hauschka Make-up Artist.
Always cleanse, tone and moisturise before applying makeup. You may wish to use a matte moisturiser such as Rose Day Cream Light or Melissa Day Cream if you have a Combination Oily T-Zone skin condition. Leave your moisturiser to absorb prior to makeup application.
For a long lasting makeup go for our International Make-up Artist, Karim Sattar’s technique of…
1) Foundation 01 as a ‘primer’
2) Concealer, inner eye only, not outer eye where it’s likely to sit in fine lines
3) Translucent Powder Loose, applied with Powder Brush and tapped to remove excess before applying
4) Apply Foundation in your shade, applying with a foundation blender brush for that ‘air-brushed’ look. Yes, after powder, for long lasting makeup.
5) Translucent Powder again, applied with Powder Brush and tapped before applying, think less is more, you don’t want a caked look
6) Apply Bronzing Powder and Blusher 7) Set your makeup by misting Facial Toner or Clarifying Toner 8) If need be use Translucent Powder Compact during the day
HOT TIPS for a long lasting eye line
1) Moisten an angled brush with water
2) Pick up colour with your brush from just the one corner of the darkest shade in your Eyeshadow Palette
3) With your brush apply a line to the lower lash line from outer to inner, starting a little further out than the outer edge of your eye
4) You’ll need to pick up more colour with your brush, then apply to the upper lash line from the outer to the inner and beginning from the extended colour from your lower lash line so the two meet
5) Define your brows with the residual colour left on the brush, if it’s not too dark. Alternatively, choose one of the two lighter taupe colours in the Eyeshadow Palette 6) Set and keep lines soft with dry powder over the top
And if you prefer a more defined upper lash line…
1) Use Eyeshadow Palette for your eyeshadow, using a little of the darkest colour close to your lower lash line, with an angled brush is best for application.
2) Apply Kajal Eye Pencil Black close to the upper lash line, smudge and use darkest colour eyeshadow to set.
3) Apply Liquid Liner Black close to the upper lash line. This technique will make the application of a Liquid Liner much more forgiving.
Set your lipstick with Karim’s technique…
1) Apply Lipliner over the entire lip area, don’t do outlines
2) Apply Lipstick
3) ‘Kiss’ a tissue to remove excess
4) Apply Translucent Powder Loose with the powder puff
5) Apply Lipstick again
6) Apply a dab of Rose or Cherry Gloss mid bottom lip only
A flawless complexion, eyes that sparkle like stars and expressive lips. Celebrations are the ideal stage for an elegant and graceful appearance. Our Dr. Hauschka Festive Look for 2015 by Karim Sattar, Dr. Hauschka International Makeup Artist, highlights your natural beauty and gives your face a radiant glow for unforgettably dazzling moments.
To your cleansed, toned and moisturised skin apply Foundation, Concealer and Translucent Powder in either loose or compact, then follow our step by step guide for eyes, cheeks and lips…
“To make your eyes shine especially bright, you should pamper them before applying make-up – with Eye Revive. It’s the perfect preparation for a special occasion look. The composition features eyebright, fennel, chamomile and black tea to firm and revitalise the area around the eyes, leaving them feeling refreshed. Now nothing stands between you and a glamorous look.”
Dramatic colour effects
“For an especially dramatic colour effect, you can apply Eyeshadow Solo 07 Lilac wet. To achieve this look, pick up some eyeshadow with the brush and then spray it with Facial Toner. For additional staying power, you can then go over the eye area again with a dry eyeshadow. You can also use this technique as well when applying Eyeshadow 01 Golden Sand to intensify the highlight effect. The eyeshadows contain genuine silk to caress the area around the eye and bring a shine to the iris.”
Eyeshadow 09 Ivory is used to create alluring highlights on the cheekbones this helps to direct attention to the eyes.
“Your lashes contribute to the drama of this glamorous look. It’s very easy to heighten the effect – after applying mascara, simply use the eyeshadow applicator to put some eyeshadow on your fingertips, and then press them gently against your lashes. You’ll be amazed by the results.”
Stay in place look
“Even when the evening gets late, your special occasion makeup won’t let you down. If you want your look to last for hours, there’s a way to give it extra staying power. When you have completely finished applying your makeup, close eyes and mist Facial Toner over your entire face.
More than just colour
Dr. Hauschka uses the finest medicinal plants and natural ingredients in its Make-up range. Anthyllis, premium jojoba, argan, macadamia and almond oils, waxes and essential oils moisturise and soothe the skin. These ingredients are complemented by medicinal plants selected especially for the area around the eyes – such as black tea to soothe and eyebright to reduce irritation.
For more intensive colour, apply Eyeshadow 07 while damp. Just add a little Eyeshadow to a brush, then mist the brush with Facial Toner. This technique can also be used to further enhance the effect of using Eyeshadow 01 as a highlighter.