Correct Cleansing is the first step towards achieving a healthy and radiant skin.
Because overly alkaline, lathering, harsh exfoliation (whether by acids or granules) type cleansers are all too severe for your skin.
Your skin needs effective, yet gentle cleansers, that respect the pH of your skin, which is naturally acidic to protect against bacteria, and cleansers that don’t dehydrate the superficial layer. Your skin should feel comfortable after cleansing.
If you have an oily skin those products that ‘strip’ the skin for that ‘squeaky clean’ feeling, that’s a sign that your acid mantle has been disrupted and skin will just produce more oil to compensate.
We have two different cleansers for differing cleansing needs at each end of the day. In the morning, after the night time elimination activity of the skin, your skin needs a gentle yet deep cleanse with Cleansing Cream. In the evening use Soothing Cleansing Milk to cleanse your skin from the dirt and dust it picks up during the day and it’s also your make-up and eye make-up remover.
Our Morning and Evening Cleansers
Two different cleansers for different cleansing needs at each end of the day.
Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream
Refines, revitalises and deeply cleanses all skin conditions
- Gentle and effective morning cleanser for deep cleansing after the skin’s night time eliminating activities
- Respects the pH (acid mantle) and hydrolipid layer of skin while cleansing
- Almond meal binds particularly well to dirt and impurities
- Gently exfoliates only those skin cells that are ready to slough off
- Fortifies and refreshes
- Respects the skin’s natural protective function for healthy, radiant skin
- Retains the skin’s natural hydrolipid barrier
- Prepares skin for Toner and Moisturiser
- Minimises the appearance of pores
- Leaves skin feeling soft and silky
- Highest quality medicinal plant extracts of Calendula, Chamomile and Anthyllis and creamy Sweet Almond Meal
Chamomile: soothing and calming
Anthyllis: brings balance to all skin conditions
Almond Meal: binds particularly well to dirt and impurities
Use: Compress and hydrate skin. Mix 1-2 cm of Cleansing Cream with warm water in the palms to form a smooth, creamy emulsion. Press mixture gently onto skin then roll hands up and away in a wave-like motion – ‘press and roll’. Start in the centre of the forehead then slowly work outward and down. Avoid the eye area. Repeat the press and roll action 2-3 times. Do not rub or scrub. Rinse with warm water then finish with splashes of cool water.
Dr. Hauschka Soothing Cleansing Milk
Evening cleanser, make-up and eye make-up remover, for all skin conditions
- Gentle and effective evening cleanser for removing the dirt and dust skin picks up during the day, make-up remover and eye make-up remover
- Light emulsion that respects the pH (acid mantle) and hydrolipid layer of skin while cleansing
- Supports our no night cream stance because skin feels comfortable after cleansing
- Prepares the skin for its night time elimination activity
- Harmonising and protective properties to calm sensitivity and helps diminish the appearance of redness
- Maintains skin’s natural moisture balance
- Leaves skin feeling soft and silky
- Includes one of our key ingredients, Anthyllis, which brings balance to all skin conditions
- Soothing Jojoba, Almond and Apricot Kernel oils cleanse and nourish
- Our specially prepared fermented grain extracts of Oats, Rye and Wheat
Use: Compress and Hydrate skin, apply Cleanser evenly, remove with Dr. Hauschka warm, moist Compress Cloth. To remove eye make-up, apply to a dampened cotton wool pad and use gentle sweeping movements from the inside to the outside corner of your closed eye.
We recommend Compress & Hydration for your skin prior to cleansing:
- Pour a little Dr. Hauschka Bath Essence into your basin
- Disperse with hand hot water
- Immerse your Compress Cloth, squeeze out excess water and press onto your skin, repeat twice
- Compress or splash with cold water
Compress and Hydration softens pores to achieve a much deeper cleanse and also ensures you’re using your cleansing products more economically. When you complete your cleanse with splashes of cold water you activate the minute muscle that sits alongside the hair follicle which contracts, helping to remove any remaining dirt. This simple technique leaves your skin feeling soft as well.
Thanks for reading our blog. xx
Join our eNewsletter for skin and make-up tips, promotions, new products and giveaways