Optimised Rose Day Cream formulation
Dr. Hauschka Skin Care combines natural and organic/biodynamic ingredients to create harmonious, highly effective formulas.
- Dr. Hauschka’s iconic Rose Day Cream is a classic of Dr. Hauschka Skin Care and our worldwide top selling day care product.
- Rose Day Cream captures both the strength and the softness of the rose to nourish and protect normal, sensitive, dry or mature skin.
- The rich and luxurious formulation harmonises oil and water content gently guiding the skin to a state of comfort, balance and radiance.
- Highly recommended in the cooler seasons to protect your skin from drying outdoor weather conditions and dehydrating indoor heating. Please note: Rose Day Cream Light may be a suitable option for the warmer seasons.
1) In addition to extracts of Wild Rose Hips, Rose Blossoms, Rose Petal Wax and precious Rose Essential Oil; Rose Flower Hydrosol has also been included to give the full spectrum of rose ingredients
2) Damask Rose Essential Oil has been increased in the formulation
3) The aroma has been gently updated
4) Zinc is now included in the formulation
5) Beeswax and Rose Wax are now complemented by Carnauba Wax to give the cream a firmer consistency, you can feel the difference, your skin is even more protected.
Naturally beautiful. Effectively nurtured.
Authentic and expressive.
Your face reveals your enjoyment of life.
Rose Day Cream
30 Organic or Biodynamic Rose Blossoms in every tube!
- For normal, dry or sensitive skin, also recommended for a skin with premature wrinkles or a mature skin
- Deeply hydrates, moisturises, protects and soothes
- Beneficial for skin prone to redness, irritation and couperose
- The rich, luxurious formulation harmonises oil and moisture content, gently guiding the skin to a state of comfort, balance and radiance
- Extracts of Rose Petals, Wild Rose Hips and Rose Hydrosol nurture and balance the skin
- Wild Rose Hips provide a rich source of Vitamin C
- Shea Butter, precious Rose Petal Wax, Beeswax, Carnauba Wax and nutrient rich Avocado Oil protect and help the skin to retain moisture
- Extracts of Marsh Mallow and St. John’s wort soothe redness, hydrate, fortify and soften
Important: How to use Rose Day Cream
All of our moisturisers are highly concentrated, they’re designed to be applied specifically as follows:
1) Place around a large pea size of Rose Day Cream in the palm of your hand
2) Warm to melt the waxes between the palms of both hands
3) Apply to skin still moist from Toner, to aid absorportion of Rose Day Cream and to ensure even and economical application
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Sorbitan Olivate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Limonene*, Citral*, Farnesol*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Eugenol*, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Zinc Sulfate, Lecithin, Rosa Damascena Flower Wax. * components from natural essential oils
Pharmaceutical grade peanut oil is used as an extracting medium for many plants. It has neutral qualities that do not interfere with the herb’s active constituents. It’s a very stable oil, requiring no additional antioxidants. Our peanut oil is steam treated and filtered to remove the proteins related to peanut allergies and has been tested and certified as aflatoxin-free.
This is a wax obtained from ecological beekeeping. For skin care the melted wax caps of the honeycomb cells are used to protect and care for the skin.
Althaea Officinalis Root Extract (Marsh Mallow)
In accordance with our beliefs we use the the root extract in this instance to address the epidermis or top layer of the skin. Even in antiquity the hairy leaves and the roots of the marsh mallow plant were valued for their high mucilage content. This forms a protective layer on broken or inflamed skin, soothing it, giving it moisture and making it soft and supple. The marsh mallow extracts in Dr.Hauschka Skin Care products are prepared using our own special rhythmic processes.
Rosa Damascena Flower Water or Hydrosol (Damask Rose)
Rose blossoms from certified organic cultivation, obtained during the production of rose essential oil by steam distillation. Rose water has a soothing, anti-inflammatory and harmonising action on the skin.
Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Steam Extract (St. John’s wort)
St. John’s wort flowers during the longest days of the year, when it absorbs the sunlight intensively. It produces deep red dyes and essential oil. The red oily extract obtained from St. John’s wort has a soothing, regenerating and strengthening action on the skin. It soothes skin reddened by the sun. In cosmetic concentrations St. John’s wort oil does not make the skin more sensitive to sunlight.
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)
Shea butter is obtained from the nuts of the karite tree, which is a native of Africa. This soft plant fat has many skin-nurturing properties. It helps the skin to preserve moisture. The shea butter used in Dr. Hauschka products is obtained from a special cultivation project in Burkina Faso.
Organic olive oil and sorbitol, vegetable emulsifier, has been included in the formula. Sorbitol is a sugar alcohol that occurs naturally in fruit, it’s valued for its nurturing action and its characteristics as a hydrating substance.
Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado)
The oil obtained from the pulp of the avocado by mechanical pressing has a slightly green hue and contains many essential fatty acids and vitamins. It supports the moisture balance of the skin and prevents it from dryness.
Vegetable glycerol and fatty acids from organic castor oil form a skin-friendly emulsifier.
We only use natural organic essential oils as perfume. In accordance with EU regulatory legislation we are required to detail some natural chemical constituents of essential oils that may be sensitisers. Usually these sensitise when in man made synthetic isolation form as opposed to a minute part of a complete natural essential oil. For instance natural Rose Essential Oil has 350-500 chemical constituents.
Every drop of Rose Essential Oil is the concentrated fragrance of countless hand-sorted rose blossoms. As part of our essential oil mixtures, this precious oil is contained in most Dr. Hauschka Skin Care products. Several cultivation projects have been initiated to provide organic or biodynamic rose oil. The fine, delicate rose essential oil is valued for its harmonising action.
Rosa Damascena Flower Extract (Damask Rose Flower)
The rose has been called the queen of flowers. Rose petal extracts are prepared using our unique processes. They unfold their harmonising properties in many Dr. Hauschka products.
Rosa Canina Fruit Extract (Rose Hip)
Dog rose (Rosa canina) is a vigorous relative of the hybrid tea rose, it bears red, vitamin-C rich fruits: the rosehips. Rosehip extract strengthens and cares for the skin. Dr. Hauschka uses extracts prepared using our own special rhythmic processes.
Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba)
This wax comes from the leaves of the carnauba palm native in Brazil (harvested in protected wild areas). Carnauba wax is one of the hardest waxes of natural origin. It gives the skin protection from external influences.
Zinc is known as an essential trace element to the human body. Zinc sulfate stabilises an emulsion. An emulsion is a mixture of water and oil.
Lecithins from soy beans (GM free) bind the oil and water components in creams as a natural emulsifier. They have a smoothing and moisturising action on the skin.
Rosa Damascena Flower Wax (Damask Rose Flower)
The precious wax obtained from rose petals rests gently on the skin and protects it from the environment and dryness.
Why does Rose Day Cream contain St. John’s wort (hypericum)?
The iconic Rose Day Cream centres on the many facets of the rose. These are joined by St. John’s wort (hypericum perforatum), a vibrant, yellow summertime flower. The radiant petals, which stretch up towards the sun on straight stems, are abundant at the time of the summer solstice. This seems to be an expression of St. John’s wort’s sunny disposition. In Rose Day Cream, this ‘bringer of light’ supports those who are particularly thin-skinned and in need of protection, helping to protect more successfully against external influences.
Rose Cultivation Projects
Our Rose Cultivation Partner Projects for organic or biodynamic (Demeter Certified) Damask Roses, including our most recent project in the Ethiopian Highlands, read more here…
Thanks for reading our blog. x